Announcements, Conferences, Workshops and Seminars:
- 9/13/12 International Congress of Hispanic Literature, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- 13-15 March 2013
Theater. Journal of Cultural Studies
- 8.6.12 – Theater. Journal of Cultural Studies (www.revistateatro.com). Stage Arts Magazine (1992-2010), has entered a new era, peer-reviewed, online and with a strong interdisciplinary and international character. In this new phase, although the magazine retains its old name, Theater, we want to include all areas of research covered by cultural studies, without limiting geography or time. We invite you to submit papers focused on the analysis of any of these fields: film, literature, music, visual arts, media, etc..
- If you wish to participate in the Fall 2012, please send an article in English, Spanish, Portuguese or French before September 30, 2012. The work should be between 5000 and 7000 words and should follow the editorial standards of the journal Theatre. http://revistateatro.com/guiacutea-para-autores.html. Entries will be evaluated by two members of the Editorial Board.
- Notification (PDF)
Congress: Doors Between Languages
- The Hispanics Department at Trinity College Dublin is organizing an international and interdisciplinary congress on women in theater, film and television in late June 2013 (please find attached file) and would be grateful if you could circulate the information among your colleagues and young researchers who may be interested in presenting a paper (possible perspectives for the paper include artistic, historical, or sociological comparative).
“Intersections. Bodies and Sexuality at the Crossroads” Launch
- I would like to invite everyone to our launch of “Intersections. Bodies and Sexuality at the Crossroads”. It will be on Saturday March 2, 7:00 p.m. at Dream Dealers!
- More information: http://bit.ly/Zjb9KL
- With the participation of Raquel (Lucas) Platero (volume editor) the UCM investigates, socio-community intervention teaching (Secondary Education), in several master programs and the Reina Sofia Museum Studies Program, Somateca. Carmen Romero Bachiller, Ph.D. in sociology from the UCM. Javier Sáez Poplar, sociologist and activist. Berná David Serna, anthropologist, researcher and lecturer from the Universidad Complutense of Madrid.
- We chat with the authors of the book on the concept of intersectionality and how we use it to study non-normative sexualities in the Spanish state. This text is collective, polyphonic complex study the experiences of people like themselves tangled identities and experiences of our time.
- We will address the key contributions of Black feminism, and the experiences of the bears, functionally diverse LGBT, gay prisoners, transgender and intersex, LGBT migrants in RCFs, women of Songs and Dances, femmes and butches, Gypsies gay, HIV positive, among others. Experiences that have often become invisible in a generic ‘so’, especially in contexts like the present where it promotes privatization and the decline of sexual rights.
- Book video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPS4zChAkow&feature=player_embedded
- sign language: https://vimeo.com/58782254
- The information on Bio-bibliographical dictionary of writers, publishers and magazines 1939 Republican exile just released the publishing Renaissance. This is a book edited by Manuel Aznar López Soler and Jose Ramon Garcia and promoted by the prestigious Group of Exile Literary Studies (GEXEL) of the Autonomous University of Barcelona. As basic reference work on Spanish Republican exile 1939, is of great interest to those who study contemporary Spanish literature.
ELEVENTH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON EMERGING TRENDS IN HUMANITIES
- On behalf of the International Advisory Board, we welcome the ELEVENTH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON EMERGING TRENDS IN HUMANITIES to be held at the Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest, Hungary from 19 to 21 June 2013 http://lashumanidades.com/conference-2013 /
- This Conference on New Trends in the Humanities is a real opportunity for hundreds of academics and researchers linked to the various fields of the humanities, with cultural consultants, educators and Ph.D. students, we come together to debate and discuss the generation of new knowledge and the nature of the humanities. We aim to build collectively a renewed agenda for the future of the humanities, while we maintain very strong links with the various currents and traditions of our country.
- Congress registration allows speakers who participate in the event, through a presentation or participate in a panel discussion, workshop or conference, publish an article in the Journal associated (after a peer review process) and get access to all the issues of the Spanish / Portuguese and its counterpart in English (present and past) for a period of one year. If you cannot attend the conference in person, you can join a virtual, option that allows you to submit an article for publication in the Journal (after peer review and evaluation).
- The deadline for submitting your proposal, you can be in Spanish or Portuguese (a title and short abstract) is 19 MAY 2013. To submit your proposal you can do so from the following website
- Upon approval of the proposal can complete your registration on the website http://lashumanidades.com/conference-2013/register.
- Proposals are also accepted in English but you must do so by accessing our website in English.
- If you have any questions or queries, please contact us at the following email address: email@example.com.
- We look forward to receiving your proposal and hope that you can participate in this conference, either in person by going to Budapest, or through sending an article to the journal.
Textual Criticism Course